Sunday, March 13, 2005

flyingears

flyingears

The last two days have been incredibly emotional. I have been seeing friends here and saying goodbye, see you, inshallah. The people at the centers in Askar Cadeem and Askar Jadeed have been so kind. I can't really relate how this makes me feel. Last night I spent some time with Nazeeh's family (a friend from last year). It was really, really good. I will try to write more about it later.

Tonight was more again like that. The other volunteers here with Project Hope are wonderful people. I am going to miss them so much. We had a gathering at Samah's house tonight....she is a true friend with a beautiful heart. I really had a lot fun and I hope everyone (Patrick, Sandy, Xen, Mahmoud, Lisa, Issam, Shahalla, Samah, Wafah, and Mustapha know how much it meant to me). I can't really write anymore right now. I have so much inside of me and I am really tired and I don't know if this place is the right place for these thoughts anyway. I won't forget how I feel tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i keep checking back for updates! updates!

we know how much it meant to you, it meant just as much for us.

you are a great writer. i know you're having a lot of fun practicing mechilazos in the comfort of your own home, but take a little time out to write. perhaps in the night? :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger matt iv said...

yalla lisa! thanks so much for your kind comments. and, yeah, i am really busy with the mechilazos lately, since i have been home. we should ask froilan how the hell you spell that. there is one thing though that i would really like to do. i would like to do some chaiing--especially in the night!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home