Tuesday, February 03, 2009

ring of slow digestion

Yesterday, I played a few games of Rogue--the old computer game from the early 1980s. Does anyone remember that epic game? The character you play, at least in this version, is a graphic of a smiley face and the creatures you encounter are each represented by a letter on the screen (H=hobgoblin, W=wraith, K=kestrel, T=the dreaded troll, etc.).

You move through level after level of increasingly dangerous dungeons, apparently in search of the amulet of Yendor (I think). I made it to level 15 before I was offed.

In other headlines, it's sunny today and I drank a cup of tea. I also ate two bowls of oatmeal.

2 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

I have not heard of that game, but it sounds intriguing. Sounds like it actually forces you to use your imagination, instead of having everything represented by awesome graphics.

What kind of oatmeal do you eat? I've been on an oatmeal kick myself lately, and have become quite enamored with the kind that has bits of peach mixed with it. Mmmmmmm. :D

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is probably my favorite title for a blog post EVER. Or right now anyway. Scroll of Identity!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home