Sunday, July 25, 2010

an interview

interviewer for the microcosm of people who occasionally check-out this rarely updated blog (impwoctrub): Welcome back to this blog.

me: Thanks.

impwoctrub: What have you been doing recently?

me: Not much, I guess. But I did just get back from a trip home to see my family and some friends. I got to see my mom, dad, sister, and brother, my niece and nephew, and my gramma and several cousins, an aunt, and uncles.

We had a family reunion with lots of hanging out, playing games and cards, eating, drinking coffee, and talking. After the extended family left, my immediate family stuck around awhile and we did more of the above. And played with my nephew. That kid is one cute baby. I even changed a couple of diapers.

On my way to Jen's folks' place, I stopped and saw some old friends in Fargo. It was really fun and I'm glad we still see each other, even though it's not nearly often enough. Plus, I got to play some video games with a great 3 1/2 year old and meet his little brother.

After spending some time with Jen and her folks we came back home; we just got in last night. Now I'm trying to readjust to being here. It's always a strange transition coming home from a trip.

impwoctrub: What else?

me: I don't know.

impwoctrub: Excellent. Can't wait for the next interview....Well, thanks. As always, it's been riveting.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually read at least one book with Luke before he goes to bed at night. After you were here he has a asked a couple nights "tell me a story about Matt" rather than read books!

6:11 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Really wish we could have stayed longer. Two days isn't nearly enough time.

8:21 AM  
Blogger bierwoman said...

love the interview.;) can't wait for more. please say hi to jen!

9:00 AM  
Blogger matt iv said...

dj--it was great hanging out with you and your family! did you think of a good story to tell Luke...? was is three year old friendly...?

ben--yeah, no kidding. it went so fast. i hope next time we get together it's for a longer stretch and maybe on a mountain trail!

bierwoman--just said hello and she says hi back, so there!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home