Tuesday, April 14, 2015

drama

I've started listening to another radio program called Tales of The Texas Rangers.  I don't like it as much as The Six-Shooter but, then again, who can hold a candle to Britt Ponset?

Image result for tales of the texas rangers

Anyway, listening to it, I can't help but think about the history of detective/police/crime drama*.  The show is pretty much CSI: Texas, 1950 or Law and Order: Horse Unit.  Sometimes, it's amazing how little has changed in modern story-telling.

Now that I've listened to several of the shows, it's kind of fun to wait for the moment when Jayce Pearson, Texas Ranger, says something like: "Well, it'll be faster if we take horses," and then unloads his horse, Charcoal, from the horse trailer that is always in tow.  Then, there is usually a moment when Jayce decides something like: "We'll have to go the rest of the way on foot.  I'll tie Charcoal to this mesquite here."  I think there has been one episode in which Jayce didn't need to ride Charcoal, and in that episode he paddled a canoe, instead!

*I guess there is a name for this genre: Police Procedural Drama

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home