Friday, August 17, 2007

cottonwoods, home, and friends

Well, I’m back home now. I feel like I have been in and out all summer and now I am here and my body is sore. I slept about 13 hours last night. And I am listening to some music that I haven’t listened to in a long time. I haven’t even listened to any music in quite awhile. It just sort of hasn’t been there.

I am feeling strongly this morning. I don’t know what it is. Just the feeling you get when you sense transition, maybe. I don’t know what it is that we are to do.

Sometime later I would like to write down a bit of the last couple of months. I haven’t taken the time to do so as summer unfolded. It might be a bit late to do so now but maybe it will feel good to try.

I slept a couple of hours early yesterday morning under cottonwoods in the rolling prairie outside of Buffalo, Wyoming. I woke up with the sun shining and the leaves of the cottonwood above me shaking in the morning wind. I was really happy.

I thought about all the friends I was able to see and spend time with this last weekend (all thanks to Michelle and Neal!). I am so happy that we are all friends and that time and distance, although real, does not stop that from being so. It makes me feel hope and comfort and happiness to think that people find others to share and spend their lives with and I smile to think that Neal and Michelle have each other. And that friendship and love are real.

Wow, do I sound dramatic or sentimental. That’s okay, though. I don’t want to be cool or jaded. I’m just sitting here drinking coffee while the muscles of my legs feel sore and the sun of the highway is still shining in my mind.

Thanks to all of the last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home