Monday, January 28, 2008

a song in my head

the days went by
like paper in the wind
everything changed
then changed again

I woke up this morning with those lyrics very clearly singing in my head. It's a very warm morning, with a warm wind blowing. I'm listening to some really beautiful music now--it's some classical music on a tape that I found in the garbage. It's just right this morning.

Jen and I had a beautiful weekend. I really was missing her; although we've both been home the last week, she has been busy with teaching and I was gone last weekend. It was just great to spend time together.

It was very difficult to fall asleep last night. My mind was racing and I couldn't figure out a way to calm down. I finally fell asleep for awhile but then woke from a dream and my mind started doing the same thing.

But now this morning, other than still feeling a bit sick, I feel rested and well.

I uncovered the greens in the front yard, since it's plenty warm today. There was a period of some really cold temperatures last week and that did a bit of a number on the plants. They aren't dead but are a little wilty and thrashed looking. They'll be fine, I think.

I'm looking forward to this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home