Saturday, June 06, 2009

go to bed

It's one thirty in the morning and I would like to have already been asleep for a couple of hours. Instead, I am sitting here. At least I have the song "She's a Refugee" stuck in my head. Still. All day. But it went away for awhile, while I was doing nothing that I wanted to be doing. So, maybe it's a good sign that it's back.

Summer, so far, has been surprisingly rainy. Rainy and inundated with cats. Well, two, anyway. One in particular. It comes around, sometimes just walks right inside our house. She's a cool cat, even if she does use the strawberries as a toilet. The strawberries were planted after she'd already begun using the corner where the porch meets the house, so it's not really on purpose. There's nobody to blame. And she's, like I said, a very cool cat. Likes to rub up against your foot and rolls on her back to be scratched.

So, there's puddles in the alley and we already know what's in the strawberries. And even at this hour, I hear cars on the street. I'm sleepy and my body is tired from swimming and working in the yard. That's my story. What's yours?

1 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

I don't have one, but I like yours. :)

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home