Thursday, November 13, 2008

sat on a hillside

first of all--i just ate a carrot from our garden and it changed my perception of existence.

i wrote a rambly response to whoever commented on the last post and i'll post it soon. but right now i'm just writing this quick. i found a bunch of records in the dumpster behind a music store this afternoon. i'm listening to stairway to heaven. i just listened to going to california. i love that song! i haven't listened to this album since i was in college. i used to listen to a cd of it but that disappeared when i lived in that basement apartment with blake and christ. remember that shit?

it's windy as hell here today. leaves all over the place. i was almost blown into traffic while biking earlier. it's howling and it's sunny and warm. fucked up this time of year. it's the middle of november, after all.

the record is over. i'm gonna go flip it.

okay. so i didn't flip it. i put on taj mahal, de ole folks at home, instead. it's another one i found today. right now it's beautiful.

i also found a couple of aluminum doors. one today, the other last week, i think. and a big heavy aluminum pot. it looks like aluminum scraping is in my future.

life's pretty big and we try to push it down into this little kernel that we can tell others about in one or two sentences. do you see what i mean? and pretty soon it's winter and the snows are blowing and it's cold and the fucking record skips.

but it's not always that way. sometimes you read a short story that speaks right at you. you can't even get out of the way and there's no mistaking it. sometimes conversations make sense and mean something and you're eating food with people who become friends.

staggerlee
i don't want all your fucking money or your big goddamn hat

just give me a body that works and the sun and wind and snow and give me someone i can know

2 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

Carrots rock. I don't eat enough of them, though.
And I prefer "real" (adult?) carrots instead of baby carrots. I don't know why. They're both the same thing.

Very odd.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Plains folk said...

I can't believe someone threw that record away! Awesome find!
I definitely remember living in that place with you guys. Those were good times.
I remember playing that video game with that kid named Mike and his funny comments - "I'm not the kind of guy you wanna be fuckin with, if you know what I mean" and "where are the chicks". I also remember many good nights at the empire.
I also can't wait to read your reply to the anonymous one...

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home