Tuesday, October 02, 2007

at the library again

After reading the comment on the previous post, I realized that I hadn't mentioned why I am in Craig--I'm working on an archaeological project in the area. I tried responding with another comment but this library computer won't allow it for some reason.

It's a very beautiful area. This morning was wonderful--cool but with a warm sun and very quiet. When I stood still and listened I could hear the calls of small birds. Often there are larger birds, sometimes hanging steadily in air currents, sometimes soaring high above, sometimes perched on sage or fence posts.

3 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, that makes more sense!

It sounds gorgeous where you're at. I'm trying to secure a reservation to a bed and breakfast for Becky's birthday. There are several in Northeast Iowa--the nickname for that area is "Little Switzerland" because of the rolling hills and the forests. Fun, fun!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben,
that sounds great! I've heard that ne Iowa is really beautiful. I have worked recently with two people from Iowa and they told me about that area. It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun! Will you be going soon?
matt iv

8:04 AM  
Blogger ben said...

No, it turns out we're not going now. Apparently bed and breakfasts are places where one needs to make a reservation several months in advance. Silly me for thinking of it four weeks before Becky's birthday!


So when are we gonna go backpacking down the Appalachian Trail?

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home